Kickstart the local agriculture and food promotional campaign for NE Tennessee! Increase awareness about local agriculture and food systems by documenting the work of growers, consumers, and other members of the local food hub through creating videos, using social media, and other creative projects during this 10-week paid summer position as an AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Engage the local food community by visually documenting stories of producers, consumers, volunteers, non-profit leaders, and others through film
- Help write and release the first local food hub newsletter
- Create a social media campaign for local food
- Design and share outreach materials to promote local growers, supporters, and events
- Participate in regional local food events
- Graduated from high school, and over 18 years of age
- Strong writing skills; experience with newsletters, blogs, and/or media stories.
- Strong speaking and communication skills; assertive with meeting and talking with people.
- Experience with media production, including filming and editing film projects
- Knowledge of web design and effective use of social media
- Familiarity with local food movements
- Familiarly with northeast Tennessee geography and culture a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable car (project-related mileage is reimbursed).
Commitment & Benefits:
- Date of Service: June 16 2014-August 25, 2014 (10 weeks)
- Full-Time with some special events.
- VISTAs cannot work another job or earn other income during their term of service.
- Receive approximately $900/month before taxes.
- Receive a $1,100 Education Award (http://edaward.org/) upon completion of service OR you can choose approx. $250 in cash.
Qualified applicants please email or phone ASAP so that we know we will be receiving your application! Application materials due May 11. (We do apologize for this fast turn around):
- 1-pg Resume
- Application Statements/Essays
- Contact info for 2 professional references for us to email/call