Joining a CSA is a wonderful way to get fresh local foods on your family’s table while supporting a farmer. Getting fresh local produce is easy through many different CSA share options. Join a CSA, know your farmer, and eat healthy!
What is a CSA?
A Community Supported Agriculture Share (CSA) is a subscription to a local farm for a share of production. Farms offer different goods and different purchasing options depending on the needs of the consumer and farmers. In most cases you pre-purchase a portion or all of your share at the beginning of the season. This gives the farmer the initial boost they need to plant crops while allowing you, the consumer to have a close relationship with where your food is coming from.
How it works:
- You sign up and select the following:
- The size of the share you want – most farms have a half or whole share amount while some offer a wide variety of share sizes.
- How frequently you’d like to receive your share – this is usually weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Your pickup location, according to the farms preset pickup locations. Some even offer delivery to home or office.
- Simply show up on the scheduled day at the pickup location and enjoy the bounty you helped make possible!
Every year we host a series of CSA Fairs allowing members of our community to connect with farmers in our region offering CSAs. These events are always free to the public and family friendly. The Fairs allow community members to talk with the farmers, peruse the many offerings, and establish a closer relationship with our local food sources.
2019 CSA Fairs
Find a CSA:
There are many CSA options throughout our region. Follow the links below to find a list of the farms offering CSA programs in your area.
2019 CSA Fair Participants:
2018 CSA Fair Participants: