A Farmers Market Walking Program
Join us in walking a one-mile route beginning at one of our partnering farmers markets. Upon completion of your walk, receive tokens that you can exchange for fresh fruits and vegetables from any market vendor. Tokens expire at the end of the season. Farmacy Fit is free and open to the public, and participants are encouraged to walk at their own pace.
When & Where:
- Johnson City Farmers Market — 105 W Main St. Johnson City, TN 37604
- Saturday mornings through the end of November
- Jonesborough Farmers Market — Courthouse Square, Downtown Jonesborough, TN 37659
- Saturday mornings through the end of October
- Kingsport Farmers Markets — 308 Clinchfield St. Kingsport, TN 37660
- Wednesday and Saturday mornings through the end of October
Farmacy Fit Encourages Participants To
- Get more physical activity
- Eat more healthy fruits and veggies
- Build community around local farmers markets
Tips For Participants
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunscreen
- Stay hydrated by bringing a reusable water bottle with you
- Prepare for rainy weather by bringing an umbrella along
Thank you to our partners Johnson City Farmers Market, Jonesborough Farmers Market, Kingsport Farmers Market, and Healthy Kingsport, and thank you to Tennessee Department of Health for making this program possible.
This project is funded under a grant contract with the state of Tennessee.