Since the passage of the farm bill in 2014, Tennessee has been the site of numerous pilot plots of industrial hemp production. In the last year, knowledge about and enthusiasm for growing industrial has grown exponentially, with many new and existing farmers eager to get into production.
Appalachian RC&D Council and Washington County UT Extension are hosting an Industrial Hemp Workshop on Monday January 14th to cover the following topics:
- Permitting process
- Rules and regulations
- Economics of raising hemp
- First hand experience from a local farmer and processor
Speakers for the night will include:
- Eric Walker, Assistant Professor at University of TN
- Adam Hopkins, UT Extension Area Specialist
- DW Cooper, owner of East TN Hemp Company
- John Rochelle, TN Dept of Agriculture
Monday January 14th @ 6pm
Appalachian Fair Grounds Farm & Home Building
100 Lakeview St, Gray, TN 37615
Workshop Registration Is Closed.
We will be livestreaming the workshop from our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AppalachianRCD
Please note, we are not in control of the Wifi situation at the venue, so there is a chance that technology will prevent us from performing the livestream as planned. We will post updates on our Facebook page before the event.