Position has been filled.
General Description of Duties
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for all accounts payables and accounts receivables, assisting with budget preparation, providing documents to CPA for 990, audit, or other needs, and other duties as it relates to the work of the finance coordinator and is determined in coordination with the Executive Director. This is a permanent, part-time position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and sends invoices for grants, customers, funders.
- Ensures best practices and GAAP are followed.
- Receives payments in QuickBooks.
- Prepares deposits and deposit records.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements.
- Tracks grant expenditures.
- Print and mail checks to vendors.
- Work with auditors when necessary to provide accurate financial data.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all organizational financial, donor, client, and grant information.
- Reports to Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of accounting/bookkeeping experience or the equivalent in experience.
- Accounting knowledge, either through education, experience, or a combination of both.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Excellent oral communication skills and writing expertise, an understanding of the mission of the ARCD, and enthusiasm for the people served and the programs created.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person, by phone, and in writing, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have an attitude and spirit of service to the community and possess the ability to think creatively, and work efficiently as part of a team.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Google applications (sheets, docs, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
- $17/hour, average 10 hours per week
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible work hours
Please submit a cover letter, resume with experience and education, and at least three references who are familiar with and can speak to your professional knowledge, skills, and abilities. Email to email@example.com.
About Appalachian RC&D Council
The Appalachian Resource Conservation & Development Council is 501(c) (3) non-profit organization chartered in 1994.
Our Board of Directors includes representation from each of the six counties we serve: Carter, Greene, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi, Washington.
Our mission is to conserve natural resources and improve rural economies through community leadership and enhanced educational opportunities.
We work to preserve our heritage, promote local growers/producers and protect the lands of past generations so that future generations may be able to enjoy the natural wonders our region has to offer.