Click on the organization’s name to expand the volunteer or job description. If you want to know more about the ARC&D VISTA position, feel free to contact us. For more information about any of the other postings, please contact the respective organizations.[accordion openfirst=true clicktoclose=true] [accordion-item title=”Appalachian RC&D Council”]
We’re hiring for a year long AmeriCorps VISTA position! Check out the job posting and application requirements for more info. Applications are due August 31st.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Appalachian Sustainable Development”]
We have a need for volunteers and interns who have the following skills and interests. Call the ASD offices at 276-623-1121 or email email@example.com for more info.
- Food Guide: Sharpen your marketing skills by helping us sell ads for the ASD/Appalachian Farmers Market Association annual food guide. These ads help pay for the printing of the guide and are really important for its longevity.
- Gardening: Have you always wanted a career that keeps you fit, outdoors, and healthy? Volunteer with our Learning Landscapes or Grow Your Own programs and you could just find yourself a new career.
- Food Tastings: Do you have a passion for healthy food and like working with kids? ASD needs folks to help prepare food for school and event tastings. You’ll get to work with the kids to tell them where their food comes from and provide them with opportunities to taste new things!
Boone Street is always looking for volunteers to help with a variety of needs around the store. Volunteers can run the register, help cook lunch for the store and breakfast for the Saturday market, help stock shelves and clean the store, and help with pick up of local products and delivery of CSA boxes. Call Ashley or Matt at the store for more information: (423) 753-4722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”One Acre Cafe”]
You can contribute to the café’s mission by serving as a One Acre Café Volunteer Staff Member – serving food, bussing/cleaning tables, washing and drying dishes, picking up trash around building, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows, mopping floors, wrapping silverware, maintenance work, food preparation,etc. Check out their web page for more information.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Farm hand needed in Bath County, VA”]
- familiar with organic veggie production
- greenhouse/hoop house production
- hay production
- cattle and/or other livestock
- tractor and other farm equipment operation
- seed saving practices
- bees and honey production
- mechanical trouble shooting
- able to work independently
- some supervision
- good worker and able to meet goals
- able to work with public and represent farm
- willing to relocate to Bath county